Welcome Note for New Members
Levante Golf Society (LGS) welcomes new members but we sometimes forget to give them sufficient guidance on our normal procedures & terminology, so this friendly note is an effort to address that situation.
- Please arrive one hour before the first Tee time, so that the necessary administration procedures can be dealt with, and pay cash to the Treasurer (not to the Golf Shop).
- It is important to book your games early by email to the Competition Secretary and also to book your buggy requirement. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cancellation needs to be received by Tuesday evening, as Golf courses charge for “no-shows” and this cost will be passed on to the member.
- Handicaps are maintained on the Handicap Master (HM) computer system and they are adjusted each time you play by the ‘slope’ allowance of each course. This ‘slope’ allowance is decided by the Spanish Golf Federation and is their attempt to make an appropriate adjustment relating to the difficulty of the course.
- We encourage “Ready Golf”, as it speeds up play and is recommended by the R&A.
- The Spring, Divisional and Autumn Trophy competitions are played over two consecutive weeks and the winner is the member with the best combined score. However, each of the two games are also individual competitions and it is not necessary to play in both but, obviously, you cannot win the Trophy competition.
- The format of Team games is decided once we know the number of members playing and the Competition Secretary will select the teams on a balanced handicap basis, so you do not need to form your own team.
- The common abbreviations that we use are:
- CLG = Campbell Lamont League, which is a season long competition based on your 4 best stableford scores.
- ECL = Eclectic Completion, which is the cumulative best score on each hole at Oliva Nova, throughout the year.
- POY = Player of the Year, which is an annual competition based on your 10 best positions in each qualifying game.
- SST = Syd Smith Trophy, which is a match play competition and is named after a former Captain. The first round losers then play in the SSP, which is a Plate match play competition. Next year this trophy will be called the FCT (Frank Carroll Trophy) and is named after the former President of LGS.
- CBL = Costa Blanca League, which is an inter-society winter competition and, in the summer, there is the Summer League.
- Ondara Challenge Trophy, is awarded based on the 4 best stableford Trophy competition scores over the year.
- White Coast & Pego golf society members are eligible to become ‘Affiliated’ members of LGS and they enjoy all the same benefits as full members, except they cannot win any Trophy competitions.
- Away Trip, is a hotel visit in October to Murcia to play on three different courses.
- In early December we have our Annual Prize Award & Dinner Dance function.
16 August 2018